Bail Bonds in Sedgewick County Can Help Get You Released From Custody

by | Apr 7, 2014 | Financial Services

Recent Articles



You never know when something is going to happen that will land you in jail. The first thing you are going to want to do is get out of jail. That can be difficult if you don’t have the money to post bail. It used to be that if you couldn’t afford to post bail you had to stay in jail until your trial was over. Bail bonds provide you the ability to post bail quickly.

You will be able to obtain bail bonds in Sedgewick County even if you do not have all of the bail in cash. In most cases you will be able to obtain bonds by providing about 10% of the bail amount in cash, and the remaining 90% in real or personal property. The bail bondsman will hold on to your property as collateral until after your trial is completed. Once the trial is over, the bail bondsman will give the collateral back to you. The cash will be kept as payment for services rendered by the bail bondsman.

The purpose of bail is to act as a deterrent against further crimes, while you are out of jail. The judge in your case will set bail for you. When determining your bail, the judge will consider the severity of the crime you are accused of committing, your previous arrest records, whether you are a flight risk, and your danger to others. You will be given a list of rules to follow while you are out on bail. Some of those rules will include:

  • obeying all laws
  • attending all court hearings
  • stay away from any victims of the crime you are accused of committing

While you are out on bail you will need to meet with your attorney to discuss your case. It is important that you remain in contact with your attorney throughout the trial. Your attorney will work with you to prepare a proper defense for you. It is important to note that your bail will be revoked, and you will be required to return to jail if you fail to follow the rules while you are out on bail. Visit site for further information on bail bonds in Sedgewick County.

Related Articles