Social Security Disability Claim Denied, Talk To An Attorney In Kansas City Mar15


Related Posts

Share This

Social Security Disability Claim Denied, Talk To An Attorney In Kansas City

Every paycheck you receive has taxes taken out from it. In addition to federal, state, and even local taxes, an amount is taken out to pay for Social Security benefits. The two major benefits that you get from Social Security are retirement income and disability insurance. If during your working years, you should suffer a physical or mental disability that is expected to last a year or more and you cannot work, you can claim disability benefits from the SSA. It is reasonable to think that if you worked for years in Kansas City and paid into Social Security, that money would be waiting for you when you need it most. Unfortunately, the system does not work like that.

Rarely would retirement benefits be withheld. The same cannot be said for disability benefits. Close to three-quarters of all claims are denied. If your claim is denied, do not give up hope, many claims are eventually approved upon appeal.

Always Appeal

When a claim for Social Security disability benefits is denied, many people either give up or start the claim afresh. Neither of these choices is the right one. Never give up; only 30 percent of all claims are granted initially, and 70 percent are denied. Of those that are denied, more than half will eventually win on appeal.

Reapplying is not right either. Although the appeals process is lengthy, knowing that so few claims are approved right away, chances are a new claim will be denied as well. All you will have done is put your appeal date back.

Always stick with your initial claim and appeal if it is denied.

The appeals process is complicated. You have a far better chance of being amongst the 50 percent that succeeds in winning if you do it alongside a knowledgeable attorney.

If you have been denied Social Security disability benefits, contact a disability attorney. Visit the Grundy Disability Group in Kansas City at and request a free case evaluation. Follow us on twitter.

1 person likes this post.