Help Your Friend or Family Member Find a DWI Attorney in Saint Paul MN

by | Jun 17, 2014 | Lawyers & Law Firms

Recent Articles



If a family member or friend has been arrested for a DWI, it’s important that they have the support they need to get through the legal system. The first thing you can do for them is to help them get out of jail quickly so that they can resume working and try to get everything in order for their court hearing. You can help them get released by speaking with a bondsman and getting their bail paid.  They will be released as soon as the bail has processed, and then they can begin looking for a DWI Attorney in Saint Paul MN. For this you need to go

Once they are released, it’s imperative that the hire a lawyer to help with their case. A lawyer may be able to help get the charges dropped, or to have them found not guilty. Even if they are found guilty, however, the lawyer can help them get the minimum possible sentence. This may mean they are able to pay fines instead of spending time in jail, or that they will only spend a short amount of time in jail. The minimum sentences possible for their case depends on how many prior DWI convictions they have had, the severity of the crime (for example, if there was an accident with property damage, versus just getting stopped by the police), and other factors.

The next thing the lawyer may be able to help with is getting a hardship license. This means that they can drive while their license is revoked for the DWI, but with restrictions. They will only be able to drive for certain hours and to certain places. If they are caught with a DWI while driving on a hardship license, they will not be eligible for one again, and will face harsher penalties when they go back in front of a judge.

If your friend or family member has been arrested on a DWI charge, there are ways you can help them. By bailing them out of jail and helping them find and hire a lawyer, you can help make sure they can get past the DWI charge and get on with your life. If you’re looking for a DWI Attorney in Saint Paul MN, an attorney such as one from Brandt Criminal Defense will be able to help your friend or family member.


Related Articles